July 4th weekend was a lot of fun! I cheered on one of my really good friends as she did her first Peachtree Road Race. This is a huge (yeah 60,000 people) 6.2 mile race held every 4th of July in The A. I did this race in 2011 and it was so cool to be at the race again watching many folks doing it for the first time, but a whole lot of folks keeping a tradition. Of course, no holiday weekend is complete without good Mexican food and some spirits. I know, I know, Mexican food isn’t on my healthy eating plan, but somehow it’s becoming the norm for the weekend. I had a refreshing mojito and then posed for the camera too! And, I caught the 4th installment of Transformers. This movie did not disappoint, big – loud explosions, evil villains, great special effects, and the cars and trucks!!! I love the Transformer franchise but I’m wondering when will they have a female voiced Transformer? I’m writing somebody about this, girl power!
If that wasn’t enough fun for the weekend, sweet blogger Merrie at Petite Career Girl nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thanks Merrie!
1.Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. (I follow Merrie’s Petite Career Girl already, so stylish and funny!)
7 Facts about me
1. Turning 50 will be my best b-day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. I would buy a handbag everyday if I could. Here’s my dream bag!
3. The Walking Dead is my favorite sci-fi show and I would love a walk-on part of any kind, zombie or survivor!
4. Ok this may sound horrible and I don’t mean to offend, but ultrasound pictures are creepy. I’ll just wait and see the baby when it gets here.
5. TV Commercials/Ad critic- somebody has to pay for tv shows but some commercials are really bad. Love any Coke commercial, the AT&T kids, and Macy’s Christmas ads. I dislike all ads for Kia Motors!
6. Is there a job for a shopping travel writer? If so, sign me up, my two favorite things to do!
7. Blogging is the most fun I have all week. So many creative, stylish, funny, wise, and awesome bloggers I’ve had the pleasure of meeting!
I’m nominating these bloggers:
Who is That Girl Mo
The Striped Flamingo
Glow Kouture Style
Whitney Nic James
Keysha L. Fashion Blog
Being A Wordsmith
Shabby Chic and Cheap
Mrs. Looking Good
Kishina’s Kurvy Korner
Nicole to the Nines
Saving Everyday with Sonya K