Well, we are in the swing of travel season with Spring Break commencing and families starting to take those first trips. Nothing can dampen the joy of vacation fun faster than coming back to find your castle pillaged by robbers and thieves. The good people at Houzz have come up with 10 ways to keep your home safe while you’re out having a blast! Check it out!
These are great and might seem like common sense, but you know how giddy we get planning for vacay and we might not secure the castle as well as we would like. Here are a few more tips to add to your checklist:
1. Um, don’t tell the world you’re on vacation via social media. Crooks are on social media too.
2. Stop your mail while you are away so that thieves don’t see a full mailbox and assume you’re not home.
3. Shut off indoor water valve, a flood, even a small one, is going to cause damage.
4. Disconnect the garage door opener so any unwelcome visitor cannot use a universal opener to gain entry.
5. Check this post before you leave to keep your castle safe.
I had not thought of some of these especially the water valve or the garage door opener. Of course, nosy neighbors are a good defense. If you have a Mrs. Kravitz (y’all remember her?) in your neighborhood, she will be your eyes and ears while you’re enjoying some R&R.
So, where is everybody going this travel season?
Image: Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo