As they say, unless you have been living under a rock, you have either heard about or have seen, several times, the movie Black Panther. Crazy good, making $700 million at the box office and still counting. Yes, I have seen it and plan to see it a few more times and definitely in 3D. As a confessed nerd, I was ecstatic that so many folks who don’t really like action or superhero flicks really embraced this genre of movie. It was spectacular from start to finish but in between the car chases and epic fight scenes, I made a few observations on Black Panther, take a peek…
*Note: possible spoilers ahead!
1. Family is everything, good, bad, or down right ugly. But, family secrets are the worst and create those “generational” curses that destroy familial bonds. We need to talk more and electric slide less at the family reunion – let’s address our stuff to make our families stronger.
2. You may not have vibranium, but if you know where they selling it, let me know…LOL! Everyone has resources, a set of unique gifts and talents – sewing, cooking, writing, speaking, etc. Do not be afraid to share all that magic with others, you will benefit just as much as the receiver.
3. No matter what the world says, there is no one definition of beauty. The Dora Milaje warriors were simply stunning. Learn to embrace and appreciate your own beauty and define your own beauty standards.
4. My Mama says this so often, “You don’t know who will give you your last drink of water.” Don’t burn your bridges, you don’t know where your help will come from. Perhaps from an old CIA pal or the so fine dude from another tribe, M’Baku, he could save me any day of the week – I digress. Don’t hold grudges, forgive and move on.
5. We need wayyy more, a lot more women in technology. That fabulous technology in Wakanda was created by Shuri, a woman. Our young girls need to see these images. Heck all women need to see more images of women in technology fields. If you are interested in a tech career or learning more, checkout Women Who Code!
I LOVED THIS MOVIE. #thatisall
Have you seen Black Panther? Yes? Let me know what your thoughts about this movie and T’Challa’s fine self, oops digressing again. If you have not, I’ll go with you!!!