It’s Amsterdam Week! I was so smitten with this province of The Netherlands, I wanted to share some deets on this fabulous spot! Let’s start with some fun facts about Amsterdam!
5 Amsterdam Facts
1. It is surrounded by 60 miles of water, made up of canals. The residents can walk right out their front door to the canal. What a view!
2. So I will get this one out of the way now. Yes, marijuana is legal in Amsterdam. No, you can not smoke it anywhere – coffee shops only. You get coffee at cafes. Kinda confusing I know.
3. Febo is a popular fast food outlet. These are vending machines that serve hot food on the cheap! I had a kipcorn for 2 euros, can’t beat the value. Yummy!
4. Bicycles rule in Amsterdam. There are more bikes than people and they are serious about their bikes, very aggressive bikers. Everyone rides!
5. So probably could have covered this after #2. Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam, primarily in the Red Light District. When the ladies are on duty, the red light around their window is lit. But don’t take pictures if you want to keep your camera. Real talk, we had the most fun in the Red Light District,very lively, loads of bars and restaurants and people watching.
Bonus: Everyone speaks English!
Would you visit Amsterdam?
Linking with these lovely bloggers.
As much Fun it is to visit other countries, I have more affection to places with beaches. I do love to see the photos of my friends out and about in foreign lands like Amsterdam. But to visit, No not me. So do tell, where are you going next?
Neti* recently posted…Ootd 29
Actually Amsterdam does have beaches, we didn’t visit this trip. I’m not sure where to next, so many places. You highlighted a bunch on your site LOL!
Amber Shannon says
Oh my gosh… I’m a bit prude in some ways, so the bit about weed and legal prostitution throws me!!
It’s neat how people ride bikes about though!!
With Love & Style,
ALL THE AMBIENCE
Hey Amber, yes it is a very liberal minded city LOLOL. Oh the bikes were so cool! We could implement biking more in our cities!
Wow!!! I didn’t know prostitution was legal there, but good for them. It’s also good that smoking is limited to the coffee shops. I bet there are fit since they ride their bikes everywhere. It sounds like a great place to visit.
Sonya recently posted…Strawberry Roll Cookies
Yes Sonya, the people are pretty fit. I would love to see more biking in the U.S.
Ehehehehe I really thought that when they said prostitution was legal there it was kind of a joke.
Loving the fact they have so many bikes it means is a city that truly respects the environment I need to go there at least to finally be able to ride a bike
Nope it for real Debyonce and bike riding is a must!!!