It’s Amsterdam Week! I was so smitten with this province of The Netherlands, I wanted to share some deets on this fabulous spot! Let’s start with some fun facts about Amsterdam!
5 Amsterdam Facts
1. It is surrounded by 60 miles of water, made up of canals. The residents can walk right out their front door to the canal. What a view!
2. So I will get this one out of the way now. Yes, marijuana is legal in Amsterdam. No, you can not smoke it anywhere – coffee shops only. You get coffee at cafes. Kinda confusing I know.
3. Febo is a popular fast food outlet. These are vending machines that serve hot food on the cheap! I had a kipcorn for 2 euros, can’t beat the value. Yummy!
4. Bicycles rule in Amsterdam. There are more bikes than people and they are serious about their bikes, very aggressive bikers. Everyone rides!
5. So probably could have covered this after #2. Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam, primarily in the Red Light District. When the ladies are on duty, the red light around their window is lit. But don’t take pictures if you want to keep your camera. Real talk, we had the most fun in the Red Light District,very lively, loads of bars and restaurants and people watching.
Bonus: Everyone speaks English!
Would you visit Amsterdam?
Linking with these lovely bloggers.