Folks are getting vaccinated and are ready to travel! But are you really ready? Yes, I am absolutely in the group that is ready to pack my luggage to capacity and buckle up for a smooth takeoff. However, before you do, have you cleaned your luggage? I mean it has been sitting in the closet or under your bed or even in the garage for at least a year or more? Today I am sharing tips for cleaning your luggage.
How To Clean Your Luggage
- Before you clean your luggage, let’s disinfect it using disinfecting wipes that contain at least 60 percent alcohol. Clean the handles, the side hand grips, the zippers and the wheels. Be sure the surfaces remain wet for at least 30 seconds to kill viruses and bacteria.
- Clean the outside of your luggage with non-detergent soap and warm water. Gently scrub the outside surfaces with a cloth. Do NOT use bleach, spot removers, or cleaning solvents as these could damage your luggage.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with the crevice attachment to remove dust, dirt, and other debris. Dispose of the vacuum bag (in an outside trash can) once you have cleaned your luggage.
- Dry luggage outside or in an open area, if possible.
- If you use packing cubes, soak them in the sink with warm water, wash and rinse. Hang them to dry.
Now if you are itching to step out brand new in your 2021 travels, here are some cute luggage options. These three piece sets are moderately priced, with a choice of hard or soft side.
I am so excited to get on a plane and travel to some beautiful locale with loads of sun and beach. My luggage is clean and ready to go. Do you or have you cleaned your luggage?